FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Press Contact: Mary Soules
Engage Communication, Inc.
Engage Black Introduces BlackVault CYNR, Code and Document Signing Appliance
Aptos, CA – April 14, 2015
Engage Black, the security business unit of Engage Communication, is announcing the introduction of the BlackVault CYNR (pronounced “signer”) security appliance at this year’s RSA conference in San Francisco (Booth #2644 in the South Hall). The BlackVault CYNR integrates a Layer 3+ Hardware Security Module (HSM) with application specific code-signing or document-signing functionality to simplify and improve the process of generating, managing and protecting digital signatures.
The BlackVault CYNR is configurable in one of two signing modes; software code or digital documents. As a code-signing appliance, it enables publishers concerned with the potential introduction of spyware, malware, etc. during code distribution to incorporate Hardware Security Module (HSM) protection into their code-signing process without the complexity of installing and operating general purpose Operating Systems and HSMs. For digital signature authentication, the BlackVault CYNR gives legal, financial, real estate and other entities concerned about the cost and ease of forging digital signatures a high level of security within the digital signature process that is both easy to implement and use.
- Up and running in minutes, authentication is performed directly at the BlackVault CYNR using its integrated touch screen display and smart card reader
- Developers can load code via an integrated USB port and execute signing operations from the BlackVault CYNR’s touch screen display
- Centralized code-signing applications are supported by a secure Ethernet port and integrated client application
- Level 3+ tamper reactive cryptographic boundary
- M of N quorum authentication
- Key backup partitioning
- The digital signature along with its public key and certificate are included in the file in the appropriate document format
- Behind the scenes, the integrated HSM creates, stores, and logs private key and digital signature information in highly secure Level 3+ tamper reactive hardware
- Supports PDF, ZIP, Java Archive (JAR) and other document formats
Secure, trusted, and intuitive, the BlackVault CYNR appliance is ready to meet the digital signature needs of software developers and publishers, along with organizations where authentication of digitally signed documents is critical to business operations and loss prevention. It is a member of Engage’s “Black” product line, which includes the BlackDoor (Ethernet Encryptors), BlackBond (Circuit Encryptors), and BlackTube (Circuit to Packet Encryptors) solutions.Engage Black products are produced in America and supported Worldwide.
Please contact Engage at 1 877-ENGAGE4 or email us at for more information about the Engage Black business unit, BlackVault hardware security platform, or other members of the “Black” product line; and visit us at RSA in Booth #2644 of the South Hall.
Engage Black, is the cryptographic business unit of Engage Communication Inc. Founded in 1989, Engage Communication enables organizations to connect, protect and secure their communication networks.Engage Black provides innovative cryptographic solutions that securely generate, use and manage cryptographic keys and material; and encrypt data in motion.